Pages

Sunday 8 July 2012

My first ever quilt...

When I was a child I tried lots of different crafts. I think I had every Dryad craft starter kit available; quilling, candle making, calligraphy, paper making, weaving, embroidery... None of them ever quite kept my attention.

Then, when I was thirteen, I told my Mother I wanted to make a patchwork quilt. She was very supportive but - quite sensibly - suggested I begin with a cushion cover. Out of pure stubbornness I ended up making a double quilt. By hand. It took me a year.
 









Cait x

7 comments:

  1. Oh I love this quilt, pretty impressive for a 14 year old I'd say! Love the story behind it too ;) So funny to see 'Kate'!! Gorgeous Fi xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the way from Perugia! Lovely Cait, in awe as always ej xx

    ReplyDelete