Pages

Saturday 5 May 2012

A couple of firsts...

So here it is, my first post on my first blog. There is almost nothing as intimidating as the blank page!

A few days ago the postie brought me my copy of the much anticipated 'Homespun Style' by Selina Lake.


Amongst the stunning interiors featured is the flat belonging my fabulously talented friend Fi Douglas of Bluebellgray.

And on TWO pages...


The quilt I made for Fiona and her husband for their wedding present! This quilt was a total pleasure to make. It was made with love to celebrate love. I really can't think of a better thing to give a friend. 

It was simple squares with a predominantly blue and white palette. This was livened up with about a quarter of the squares cut from vintage embroidered tablecloths. The mixture of vintage fabrics, Liberty tana lawn and hand embroidered linens gave the quilt a lovely texture.




I am so proud to have my work in print and in such a lovely book :)


Cait

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely post!!!! The quilt is truly beautiful, such a personal and long lasting gift. I LOVE Tana Lawn by Liberty, would love to make a quilt in it. Good luck with the rest of your post! Will be looking forward to them! Gayle x

    ReplyDelete